The Senior Test Technician will be capable of testing ECS products to the required specification and have knowledge of every stage of the manufacturing process.
- To ensure the successful alignment and test of ECS products and systems, with an understanding of the products down to a circuit/component level.
- Accept responsibility of product through test and inspection up to delivery to the despatch shelf.
- To demonstrate a sound understanding of products under test and clearly communicate issues and possible solutions to their line manager/supervisor.
- To train/assist more junior grades to successfully follow test procedures and understand the basics of how products or modules operate.
- When appropriate identify problems with products and systems within product test and report any findings back to their line manager/supervisor.
- Uphold current processes and advise on areas requiring improvement where necessary to their line manager/supervisor.
- Test prototypes and customized variants of current products or modules in accordance with the procedures outlined in the Quality Management System. Under the guidance of the design authority.
- When testing a standard product ensure that the latest relevant test documents are followed correctly and in specification.
- Support the generation of test procedures where required.
- Manage small projects within guidelines set by their line manager/supervisor.
- Assist in range testing as required.
- Assist with other stages of manufacture to help meet urgent deadlines when required.
- Ensure that products and modules are built and tested in accordance to the documentation to ensure compliance with the DAOS procedures.
- Ensure that all appropriate Health and Safety regulations are adhered to.
- Contribute, be involved and actively support the continuous improvement process within every facet of the organization whilst adhering to the Enterprise Control Systems Quality Management System.
- Correct route card processes must be followed within Syspro, all test results must be completed within specification and any log books registered and competently maintained.
- Manufacture products to the ISO9001 standard as stated in the Quality Management System.
Consideration for promotion to Test Engineer requires the following:
- A combined minimum of five years as a Senior Test Technician and Test Technician.
- Or a combined minimum of three years as a Senior Test Technician and Test Technician and the attainment of EngTech status.
- Or a combined minimum of three years as a Senior Test Technician and Test Technician and the successful attainment of an HNC or higher in an engineering discipline.
- The ability to perform the roles and responsibilities of a Test Engineer has been demonstrated for a period of twelve months.
Thank you for your interest in our company.