For more than 45 years, TCI has been a market leader in the development of innovative, high-performance communications, spectrum monitoring and communications intelligence systems. TCI’s diverse experience delivers proven solutions for regulatory compliance, monitoring and security, and communications intelligence applications. With advanced spectrum mapping and analytics, data recording capabilities and precision geolocation technology, TCI systems provide vital data for government and military agencies in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Technical lead engineer for complex Integration of Software and Hardware projects. TCI seeks a hands-on Project Integration Engineer that will actively participate in the top-level configuration and execution of radio systems for communications, spectrum monitoring, direction finding, and signal acquisition and analysis. Supports other project engineers, technicians and designers and interacts with software design team to create a finished product. This position may assist Marketing & Sales department with definition of product and system specifications and preparation of technical and price proposals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with Product Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Technical Sales and Marketing in designing turnkey solutions that include multiple fixed radio sites complete with infrastructure and all necessary installations, as well as mobile and transportable stations.
- Creates specifications for new system designs, including shelters, towers, energy, grounding, vehicle modifications and any other requirements associated with the deployment and operation of fixed and mobile stations.
- Actively engages in cross-functional communication to ensure accuracy and timely creation and maintenance of Bill of Materials. Ensure change management controls are followed throughout the lifecycle phases.
- Researches, evaluates, and qualifies suppliers and new components to ensure they meet the set requirements and specifications.
- Defines custom modifications of products for specific customer requirements.
- Creates detailed assembly drawings, wiring diagrams and other engineering documentation in support of project deliverables.
- Participates in the development of test plans and procedures for production as well as customer acceptance.
- Assists in development and implementation of tools, processes, and procedures that will be used in the creation of product and system configurations that optimize alignment between product options, product bill of material structures and method of manufacturing (routings) within our business.
- Supports management and operational aspects of ongoing projects.
- Continuously seek process improvement, and efficiency opportunities.
Education and Experience
- Basic Qualifications
- BSEE, with emphasis in RF communication system design, MSEE preferred.
- 5+ years engineering experience in overseeing projects from proposal through production and customer acceptance.
- Hands-on experience in system design and integration and testing of computer-controlled radio communications systems with emphasis in equipment used in LF through SHF bands.
- Practical working experience with system architecture design, trade studies, and performance analysis and simulation
- Demonstrated experience in the creation and management of complex Items, Bills of Materials, Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) within a manufacturing context.
- Experience working with PLM and ERP systems, preferably working in the Agile and Oracle environments.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Required Qualifications and Skills
A highly driven, diligent individual who strives for accurate results in every aspect of their work.
- A clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail and a persistent nature demonstrated by an inquisitive approach.
- Ability to work with different engineering disciplines to analyze derive and decompose system requirements and performance specifications, and to determine/characterize specific hardware specifications necessary to meet them.
- Strong familiarity with electronic equipment manufacturing and test methods.
- Knowledge and experience in Lean or 5S principles strongly preferred.
- Basic financial skills to analyze and manage product and program costs.
- Good technical writing and speaking skills required.
- Understanding of the Engineered to Order business processes and applications.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience, manage escalations and appropriately communicate to all stakeholders and executive staff.
- Ability to work with Marketing and Sales staff to assist in proposal preparation and customer presentations.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with Computer Networking
- Knowledge of analog/RF system design from DC to 60 GHz.
- Experience with graphics software such as MS Visio for presentations and visual collaboration.
- Experience with CAD software such as AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks.
We recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, we aim for flexibility in structuring competitive compensation offers to ensure we are able to attract the best candidates. As required by law in this state, the quoted salary range for this position is $140,000- $170,000 and represents our good faith estimate as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect. We tailor our offers within the range based on organizational needs, internal equity, market data, geographic zone, and the selected candidate’s experience, education, industry knowledge, location, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the selection process. At SPX, it is not common for individuals to be hired at the higher end of the range, and compensation decisions depend on a variety of factors. This position is eligible to participate in a discretionary bonus, subject to the rules governing the plan. SPX offers a variety of benefits, including health benefits, 401K retirement with a company match, and flexible time off. More information about our benefits can be found on the “Rewards and Benefits” section of our career page.
Thank you for your interest in our company.