TCI Model 641
VHF/UHF DF and Spectrum Monitoring Antenna
The Model 641 VHF/UHF DF and Spectrum Monitoring Antenna is designed for applications requiring an accurate, multi-element, direction finding antenna, combined with a sensitive omnidirectional monitoring antenna. The 641 supports broadband operations from 20 to 3,000 MHz when used in TCI’s Spectrum Monitoring System (SMS) or COMINT DF. Typical DF accuracy is 2 degrees (RMS), 1 degree in a reflection-free environment. Built-in self-test (BIST) for automatic testing and verification of the operational status of the antenna is included.
The 641 is available in fixed-site and mobile installations. The mobile configuration also includes an electronic flux gate compass used to determine a North reference for DF bearing calculations.
- 20 to 3,000 MHz broadband antenna for DF, monitoring, and metrics
- Unique design provides high sensitivity over entire frequency range
- Large aperture for greater DF accuracy: 2° RMS typical over frequency range
- Rugged, lightweight construction for easy installation and long life
- Unique design provides optimum balance between compact size and good sensitivity over wide frequency range
- Available in two configurations for fixed and mobile applications
* US Patent #6,198,454