TCI Model 503
Vertical Curtain Antenna
Utilizing a structural design that provides the smallest and shortest dipole log periodic for a given bandwidth, Model 503 antennas provide efficient long-haul or sectoral coverage service. The 503 is a vertically polarized log-periodic dipole antenna with a narrow, low-angle elevation plane pattern, suitable for medium or long-distance coverage. Installation near seawater or use of an optional ground-screen kit improves low-angle coverage.
The 503 is available in either of two azimuthal beamwidths: 180°, generally used for broadest sectoral coverage, and 120°, where a more directive pattern is desired.
- For sectoral coverage or long-distance communications
- Most gain and bandwidth with given size land area and tower height
- Higher gain and lower take-off angle at higher frequencies
- Broad (180°) or narrower (120°) azimuthal variations available
- No ground screen needed for impedance match