803 VHF/UHF/SHF DF Subsystem
Intercept and locate signals with a compact, fully integrated solution
- Comprehensive intercept and location of all signals from 20 to 3,000 MHz or 20 to 8,000 MHz.
- 3 GHz/sec fast-scanning detection with simultaneous DF of all detected signals at frequency channelization of 25 kHz (DF First™ technology).
- Multi – mission support using field-proven DF algorithms.
- Detection and DF of multiple modern signals, such as frequency hopping, agile and burst signals.
- Supports multiple signal types simultaneously.
- Flexible, modular hardware architecture supports fixed, mobile, and transportable configurations.
- DF results available in real-time and recorded for later analysis.
- Effective support of both frequency control/clearing and frequency scanning phases.
- Selectable wideband 4 or 40 MHz (VHF/UHF/SHF) instantaneous bandwidth.
- Choice of multiple VHF/UHF/SHF direction finding and monitor antennas.
- Rugged design minimizes size, weight, and power consumption.
- Built-in self-test and calibration.
- Integrates seamlessly with the TCI Model 850 Blackbird NextGen COMINT/EW platform.
- Application Programming Interface (API) for control and output to local/remote TCP/IP control systems.
The TCI Model 803 is a compact Direction Finding (DF) subsystem for Communications Intelligence (COMINT) and Electronic Warfare (EW) applications. The 803 integrates seamlessly with TCI’s Blackbird NextGen COMINT / EW platform to provide a complete signal search, collection, direction finding and geolocation solution.
The 803 continuously scans, detects, DFs, and records DF results in tasked frequency channels on a 4 or 40 MHz instantaneous bandwidth. Bandwidth is tunable over the 20 to 3,000 or 20 to 8,000 MHz frequency ranges. The dual 40/4 MHz wideband DF capability enables the Model 803 to detect and capture weak signals in crowded RF environments using the 4MHz instantaneous bandwidth and detect short duration, frequency-agile and wide-bandwidth signals using the 40 MHz bandwidth.
The 803 is available with any of TCI’s single – band VHF/UHF/ SHF monitor and DF antennas. Antenna options include the Model 641
for high – accuracy DF on vertically polarized signals in fixed and mobile applications, the compact, low – profile Model 645 for mobile and transportable applications from 20 MHz to 3,000 MHz. For higher frequencies, the Model 803 can use the Model 647 antenna, the first antenna to provide high – accuracy DF on vertically polarized signals in fixed and mobile applications from 20 MHz to 8 GHz.
Can’t find what you need? Explore all CommTech products.