For more than 45 years, TCI has been a market leader in the development of innovative, high-performance communications, spectrum monitoring and signals intelligence systems. TCI’s diverse experience delivers proven solutions for regulatory compliance, monitoring and security, and communications intelligence applications. With advanced spectrum mapping and analytics, data recording capabilities and precision geolocation technology, TCI systems provide vital data for government and military agencies in more than 100 countries worldwide.
As the Finance Controller within the Accounting and Finance team of CommTech, you will be responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. Additionally, you will be responsible for the development of the company’s financial forecast and analysis of the periodic financial results.
In this role, you will lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams across the organization. Candidates for this role will know how to meet ambitious individual and team-wide goals. A successful Finance Controller will challenge the status quo and be creative in process improvements and adaptable to change. Additionally, as Finance Controller, you will be positioned well for future professional growth opportunities.
We are looking for future leaders of the organization who strive to deliver results.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Management of the financial close, accounts receivable, accounts payable, general accounting and financial planning and analysis processes
- Preparation and review of financial statements for accuracy and completeness and explanation of all material variances from prior periods and as compared to forecasts
- Preparation and review of manual journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Preparation, review and analysis of judgmental reserve and accrual calculations
- Review of all large customer contracts to identify and assess performance obligations, variable consideration and other factors impacting revenue recognition (ASC 606)
- Preparation and review of revenue recognition models (ASC 606) for all large customer contracts
- Management of Sarbanes-Oxley compliant internal control environment, including testing, reporting and remediation
- Coaching and development of accounting and finance team members
- Preparation of the annual and quarterly updates to the financial forecast, including variance analyses and risk modelling to support business reporting requirements
- Implementation of accounting/finance and cross functional process improvement initiatives
- Analysis of various forms of financial, statistical and operating data and formulate value added recommendations, alternatives, and solutions for business performance improvement
- Management and continuous improvement of working capital initiatives
- Development and improvement of company policies and procedures
- Coordination of internal and external audits
- Oversight of annual physical inventory process
- Limited travel (typically 1-2 trips per year)
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Significant experience with revenue recognition requirements (ASC 606)
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, preferably with an Accounting major
- Master’s degree and CPA preferred
- 7+ years of experience in controller, finance, or accounting roles on increasing responsibility in manufacturing environment, preferably with a company with a global presence
- Proven success of being a tactical, hands-on finance professional and strategic business partner with excellent problem solving, strong change management and orientation, and willingness to get into the details, and ability to translate financial understanding into improvement actions and focus areas
- Experience with and strong understanding of finance operations in a manufacturing organization
- Big 4 accounting experience preferred
- Strong Business Systems literacy including intermediate to advanced excel skills, experience in analysis tools and proven experience with modular ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle), Financial Reporting Management (HFM); Ability to write queries; advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles/models, including US GAAP and SOX 404 requirements; Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems as well as federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally, from entry level employees to executive level employees
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience delivering solutions to solve business problems
- Excellent listening and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage and effectively prioritize multiple initiatives at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Ability to occasionally travel domestic and international
Thank you for your interest in our company.