For more than 45 years, TCI has been a market leader in the development of innovative, high-performance communications, spectrum monitoring and communications intelligence systems. TCI’s diverse experience delivers proven solutions for regulatory compliance, monitoring and security, and communications intelligence applications. With advanced spectrum mapping and analytics, data recording capabilities and precision geolocation technology, TCI systems provide vital data for government and military agencies in more than 100 countries worldwide.
The Manufacturing Lead Test Technician will perform a lead role supporting a team of Test Technicians. This individual will work with the Manufacturing Test Supervisor to ensure that tasks scheduled for the day are completed and that difficulties are dealt with in a timely manner. This individual will also support the manufacturing organization as an individual contributor by performing tests on RF circuits and setup and troubleshooting of computer and RF systems under test.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for reviewing and assisting in the implementation of test methods and procedures for computer-controlled radio receiving and signal analysis system hardware (digital and RF analog) and associated computer equipment, including test software, recommending as necessary changes both to maintain and advance testing capability.
- Implement appropriate test methods, determine necessary test equipment, replicate test fixtures, create and/or implement test procedures and test software, and provide a lead role in testing of newly developed products and standard production testing.
- Perform RF test and alignment of Baluns, Amplifiers, Power Dividers/Combiners, Mixers, Downconverters, Synthesizers, Filters, Antennas
- Perform functional tests on various computer products and RF systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair RF systems to subsystem and component levels
- Maintain troubleshooting documentation in appropriate process / product documents.
- Support completion of assembly operations to meet delivery expectations.
- Basic soldering skills
- Identify ways to improve current production processes and communicate ideas with appropriate personnel.
- Able to work occasional overtime
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- AA degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5 years’ functional experience is required.
- Must have direct experience in planning and scheduling workloads and have good writing skills to conceive and write test procedures and work instructions.
- Must possess the necessary knowledge, versatility, practicality and hands-on experience to successfully implement new test procedures through the line.
- Previous experience working with teams to solve technical problems
- Strong working knowledge of Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, Signal Sources, Power Supplies, Oscilloscopes, Power and Frequency measuring devices.
- Strong working knowledge of how to set up tests to measure Gain/Insertion Loss, Isolation, Two Tone Intermodulation, VSWR, Phase, Bandwidth
- Ability to read schematics and troubleshoot failures down to the component level
- Comfortable dealing with mechanical assembly and working with surface mount technology
Qualifications and Skills Preferred:
- Strong experience in navigating Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 10
- Strong experience in Networking fundamentals
- Experience with DOS, Linux
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP and Agile Product Life Management applications a plus
- Knowledge of LabVIEW a plus
Thank you for your interest in our company.