SPX Enterprise Control Systems (ECS) designs and produces a range of programmable jammers (RF Inhibitors) and other specialist equipment for use in the high level military and internal security domains.
Reporting to BD Director
The European Business Development Manager is responsible for managing and growing specified key European countries alongside platform OEM and Mission systems integrator accounts, in line with the Data Link strategic growth plan. The role is European End User focused, with a global remit and focus on aviation platform manufactures and Mission system Integrators.
- Responsible for managing and growing specified key European countries and platform OEM and Mission systems integrator accounts, in line with the Data Link strategic growth plan.
- Achieving an agreed sales target per annum in line with the company growth plan.
- Working closely with the business development director to develop key European countries targeted end user communities.
- Working closely with the business development director to develop the Platform OEM and Mission systems Integrator marketing strategies, plans and budget.
- To provide accurate sales forecasting for: production, financial, and sales-support resource planning.
- Prioritization of own sales effort in agreement/discussion with business development director.
- Increase sales opportunity value through capability, effectively presenting value-added and winning system proposals to channel partners.
- Effective, timely and appropriate use of non-BD resource to develop sales opportunities.
- Establish and manage commercial agreements and pricing.
- Commercial negotiation and closing sales.
- Ensure long-term B2B relationships by having support agreements established and in place.
- Work closely with the customer support team to ensure an appropriate level of after sales support is provided to Customers, OEM’s and Integrators.
- Manage cultural and business awareness of targeted accounts.
- Identify and present technology gaps/competitive trends, and system opportunities within OEM and Integrator channel.
- Ensure alignment with the overall brand and corporate marketing strategy and messaging.
- Assist other salespersons as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience of working with channel partners and systems integrators (SIs).
- The ability to develop solutions that map to customer requirements.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, planning, and analytical skills.
- Ability to influence and negotiate.
- Ability to collaborate effectively at all levels of CommTech and customers (to include C-level) on a wide range of topics and issues.
Required Education / Experience:
- A Strong background and proven experience of in defense or aviation industry.
- Degree educated in a technical or engineering discipline
Thank you for your interest in our company.